The Range Rover Velar is a ground-breaking addition to the Range Rover family, sitting between the Range Rover Evoque and the Range Rover Sport, taking glamour, modernism and elegance to an exceptional new level by combining Range Rover DNA with design pedigree.
Range Rover Velar’s design is revolutionary. Its elegant sides and exemplary range of standard features such as deployable flush door handles and integrated rear spoiler all improve aerodynamic efficiency, while the foil-stamped grille gives the front profile an undeniable presence. Sleek LED headlights and rear lights come as standard while Matrix LED and Matrix-Laser LED headlights are available as an option.
Range Rover Velar Engines & Transmission
From power and sheer driving pleasure to fuel economy and refinement, there is a range of engines available for Range Rover Velar and each has been optimised for specific attributes to cater for all needs. All engines are equipped with Stop/Start technology and smart regenerative charging; this feature harvests kinetic energy from braking to charge the battery for maximum economy, especially during urban driving. Ingenium technology underpins all of the 4-cylinder engines in the Range Rover Velar range. These low friction, all-aluminium engines have stiff cylinder blocks and twin balancer shafts to ensure inherently low levels of vibration, for smooth day-to-day performance.
Velar Diesel Engines
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-cylinder 180hp Turbocharged Diesel engine - 430Nm of torque and optimised to deliver the best fuel economy in the range
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-cylinder 240hp Twin Turbocharged Diesel engine - 500Nm of torque, which improves upon performance whilst maintaining impressive fuel economy
- 3.0 litre V6 Twin Turbocharged Diesel engine - Available in two power outputs and is ideal for higher power and torque demand usage with exceptional driveability
Velar Petrol Engines
- Ingenium 2.0 litre 4-cylinder 250hp Turbocharged Petrol engine produces 365Nm of torque and delivers outstanding fuel economy and driveability
- High performance Ingenium 300hp 2.0 litre 4-cylinder Turbocharged Petrol engine features upgrades to the boosting system
- All Diesel and Petrol engines in Range Rover Velar are coupled with an 8-speed Automatic Transmission. With eight closely spaced ratios, the transmission ensures that you are always in the optimum gear, maximising fuel efficiency and acceleration. Gear changes are almost imperceptible and shift schedules intelligently adapt to your driving style.
Range Rover Velar Safety
Designed for optimum safety, Range Rover Velar has been engineered to include a wealth of standard features not only to help to protect you and your passengers, but to actively help prevent accidents from happening.
- All-wheel Drive (AWD) with Intelligent Driveline Dynamic (IDD) capability, fitted as standard, helps you stay firmly planted on the road, whatever the weather or environment throws at you
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) monitors Range Rover Velar’s dynamic behaviour, intervening to maximise vehicle stability. DSC reduces engine torque and applies braking to the appropriate wheels to correct the vehicle’s direction of travel by counteracting understeer or oversteer
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) allows the vehicle to maintain traction with the road surface whilst braking and prevents wheels from locking – thereby retaining the vehicle’s ability to steer. The system helps to shorten the braking distance
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) automatically varies the braking force to each wheel in order to minimise stopping distance, while still maintaining stability and the vehicle’s ability to steer
Range Rover Velar Technology
The InControl infotainment system, Touch Pro Duo not only looks like no other, it performs like no other. Delivering a wealth of information and entertainment, it features the most intuitive and advanced integrated technologies to ensure everyone can make the most of their journey.
Land Rover’s audio partner Meridian’s audio technology input has helped ensure that Range Rover Velar is the most superb space within which to experience sound. Meridian Cabin Correction technology was utilised to analyse cabin shape, acoustics and resonance characteristics in order to help remove unwanted sounds. The advanced algorithm ensures that the rhythm, punch and timing of any piece of music are heard precisely how the artist intended, providing a consistently exceptional quality audio experience for all passengers in the vehicle.
InControl is Land Rover’s suite of standard and optional features that connects you to your vehicle and links you seamlessly, and securely, with the outside world. Select from two available packs that can be further enhanced by our individually offered features, Secure Tracker and InControl Apps. With a selection of apps, even when you’re away from your vehicle, some of the InControl features stay with you, making sure the Land Rover experience is more enjoyable than ever.
Find out more about the new Range Rover Velar by contacting your local Sinclair Land Rover dealership in either Brecon or Swansea in South Wales today!